If he or she is a danger to himself or herself, or anyone else, call 911 or obtain a Mental Illness Warrant.  If he or she meets the criteria, he or she will be taken to a hospital, which would begin the Mental Illness Commitment process.  Part of this process will be to file an application for court ordered psychiatric medication.  Keep in mind that he or she would have to meet the necessary criteria. Contact us for additional information on this process. 

Are You Concerned About The Financial Well-Being And Care Of A Loved One?

If you have a family member or loved one that you want to ensure is taken care of you need to speak with an attorney experienced in the guardianship processContact us online or call our Dallas office directly at 214.559.7202.

Lori Ashmore Peters
Connect with me
Helping Dallas area families with all of their legal Estate Planning, Probate and Business Planning needs.