Posted on Jul 15, 2020

Name Change Divorce Decree Texas | Dallas Divorce Lawyer

A recent Fox News article discusses how Chrishell Stause is using her divorce from "This is Us" star Justin Hartley as an opportunity to restore her maiden name.

The pair married in 2017. It is reported that Hartley filed for divorce in November 2019, claiming irreconcilable differences.

Can you change back to your maiden name in a Texas Divorce?

Yes, when filing for divorce in Texas, you can request the court restore your maiden name as part of your divorce decree. This is the only time you can change your name back to a maiden or previous name without charge. If you forget or choose not to change your name during your divorce proceeding, you will have to file a separate suit for a name change

Are You in Need of an Experienced Divorce Lawyer in the Dallas, Texas Area?

If you need a caring, experienced divorce attorney please contact us online or call our Dallas office directly at 214-559-7202 to schedule a  consultation.

Samantha Matthews
Connect with me
Samantha Matthew practices Family Law and Probate Law with her client's best interest in mind.