Cassidy Pearson focuses her practice on complex family law matters such as divorce, child custody, and adoption.
Ms. Pearson is an experienced litigator who focuses on thinking outside of the box to creatively come up with solutions for her clients and their families. Cassidy is client driven and believes in working closely with her clients in order to achieve their desired goals.
Cassidy was admitted to practice in 2010 and joined The Ashmore Law Firm in 2020. She has substantial experience in family law through her work in private practice as well as with various nonprofit organizations.
Cassidy has first-chaired contested final trials in all aspects of family law litigation, including divorce and custody final trials. Throughout her career she has represented clients in numerous temporary orders hearings, mediations, protective order hearings, summary judgment proceedings and enforcement actions in various counties throughout the DFW Metroplex. In addition to family law work, she has been successful in helping clients obtain guardianships, social security benefits, occupational licenses and nondisclosures/expunctions of prior criminal offenses.
Cassidy grew up in Southlake, Texas and attended the University of Texas where she ran on the University’s cross country team for three years and was named All-Academic Big 12.
Outside of work, Cassidy enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, and is active in her community.
Areas of Practice:
- Child Support
- Possession and Access
- Custody and Visitation
- Modifying Current Orders
- Name Changes
- Premarital Agreements
- Enforcing Current Orders
- Protective Orders
- Termination Proceedings
- Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2015
- Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, Missouri, 2010 J.D. Concentration in International Law
- The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, 2006. B.A. in Liberal Arts – Government and Philosophy Major
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Dallas County Bar Association Member
- Tarrant County Bar Association – Family Law Section Member
- Texas Bar College - Member
Community Involvement and Personal Interests:
- Active Member in Multiple Professional Networking Groups
- UT Southwestern Kidney Cancer Coalition
- Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas
- The Salvation Army of North Texas
Protective Orders – The Shocking Statistics and Changes to the Law, Legal Front, March 2015