Gary Ashmore
Connect with me
Helping Dallas, Texas area families with all their legal Probate, Estate Planning, and Family Law needs.

If your spouse is not paying child support, you can file an enforcement action in a family law court. The enforcement action asks the court to enforce the court order that says that the spouse is supposed to be paying child support and the amount of child support they’re supposed to be paying.

For child support only, you can sometimes ask that the spouse be held in contempt of court, fined, or even put in jail. You can also file enforcement actions to enforce a spouse to move out of the house, sell a particular asset or item, or pay off a debt. You could accomplish all these actions through an enforcement action in the family courts.

For more information about child support, you can request our free report: Child Support in Texas.

Are You In Need Of An Experienced Divorce Lawyer In The Dallas, Texas Area?

If you need a caring, experienced divorce attorney please contact us online or call our Dallas office directly at 214.559.7202 to schedule a consultation.