Lori Ashmore Peters
Connect with me
Helping Dallas, Park Cities, Highland Park Texas Area Families with Estate Planning, Probate & Litigation

If you are appointed executor of someone’s Will, then yes, you need the change the name on the accounts that is in the decedent’s name. The decedent is the individual who has passed away.

As executor, your job is to collect all the assets of the estate. When you become executor, you need to get a tax id number, and it is with that tax id number that you open an estate account. Then, all of the assets will be put into that state account.

For a list of the assets you will need to collect, see our Probate Checklist or download our FREE book, What to do When a Loved Ones Dies.

Do You Need To Speak With An Experienced Probate Lawyer In The Dallas Area?

If you need to speak to an experienced probate lawyer please contact us online or call our Dallas office directly at 214.559.7202. We help clients throughout the Dallas area with all of their probate needs and look forward to helping you.