Texas traffic accidents lead the nation in car deaths. In 2013, the most recent year for which statistics are available, 3,377 Texans died in motor vehicle crashes. In some ways, the large number of crashes is to be expected; Texas is a very large state. However, the Texas death rate of 1.40 deaths per hundred million miles travelled also exceeds the national average of 1.28 deaths per hundred million miles travelled.
The following statistics come from the Texas Department of Transportation:
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes & 16 seconds
- 1 reportable crash occurred every 71 seconds
- Number of people injured in a car accident: 232,041
- Number of crashes leading to serious injury: 65,539
- Number of people seriously injured in Texas car crashes: 89,270
- Number of traffic deaths: 3,377
- 1 person was killed every 2 hours & 36 minutes
- Number of motorcyclist fatalities: 495
- Number of pedestrian fatalities: 485
- There were NO dealthless days on Texas roadways in 2013
Leading Contributing Factors to Fatal Crashes in Texas:
- Speeding drivers: 182
- Distracted driving: 460
- Head-on crashes: 523
- Single vehicle run-off the road: 1,333
- Under the influence of alcohol: 1,089
- Number of alcohol-related crashes: 18,113
- Number of fatal alcohol-related crashes: 1,089
- Number of alcohol-related serious injuries: 5,535
- Number of alcohol-related deaths: 537
Dallas Crash statistics:
- Number of crashes: 26,846
- Number of serious injuries: 3,917
- Number of other injury crashes: 6,331
- Number of fatal crashes: 131
- Number of fatalities: 146
These are Texas traffic accident statistics. Unfortunately, there were NO deathless days on Texas roadways in 2013. The reality involves real people and effects real families. The Ashmore Law Firm provides professional legal representation with a personal touch to accident victims in Dallas and throughout Texas.
Have You Been Injured In A Dallas, Texas Area Car Accident?
If you've been involved in a car accident you need to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Dallas office directly at 214.559.7202 to schedule your free consultation.