Finding the right attorney for your case can seem like a daunting, confusing task. Honestly, just trying to sort through the maze of lawyer advertising that’s out there can be a little overwhelming.
"I always tell potential clients that the key to choosing an attorney is to hire an attorney as you would your own family doctor." -Gary Ashmore
I recommend that you start out by researching and learning what you can about your legal problem. Nowadays, with the wealth of information available, especially on the Internet, it’s relatively easy to track down good information and explanations about what you are facing. Next, find the names of potential lawyers in your local area. Call them or visit their websites, and then request written information from them. Once you have a solid list of possible attorneys in place, you should set up in-person interviews with them to get a better feel for how they handle cases and if they are a good fit for you.
Below are some tips to help you choose the attorney that is right for you:
- Decide what kind of attorney you need.
- Make sure the attorney is licensed in the State of Texas.
- Find out how much experience the attorney has with your type of case.
- It is important to know how the attorney handles their billing.
- Ask important questions to make sure that you feel comfortable with the person you choose.
Once you’ve done your research and made your comparisons, you should be in a good position to select the right attorney for your case.