Dallas Texas Car Accident Lawyer Ashmore Law

While Texas has a law requiring motorists to carry insurance, many drivers do not or if they do, they carry the minimum policy required by law leaving you unprotected.

What happens if your vehicle is damaged or you’re injured by a driver without insurance? You’re responsible for the cost of your car repairs and your medical bills.

To protect yourself, make sure that you have the following insurance coverages:

Uninsured/Underinsured motorist property damage

This coverage ensures that your vehicle gets fixed under insurance limiting your out-of-pocket liability and getting you back on the road as quickly as possible.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury (UM/UIM)

This coverage is important. Medical expenses can add up quickly and often exceed the amount of coverage that the other driver may have, if any.  It is best to get as much of this coverage as you can afford. Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily injury is meant to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering in the event you are in a collision.

Personal Injury Protection (PIP)

This coverage is great to have in addition to your Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily injury coverage. It works similarly to Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily injury coverage but is typically paid to you by your insurance company while you’re still treated.

Have You Been Injured In A Dallas, Texas Area Car Accident?

If you've been involved in a car accident you need to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Dallas office directly at 214.559.7202 to schedule a consultation.

Gary Ashmore
Connect with me
Helping Dallas, Texas area families with all their legal Probate, Estate Planning, and Family Law needs.
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment