Yes, you do need a will, and here's why.
Did you know that 70% of Americans do not have a will? Dying isn’t a subject most of us care to think about or even discuss—especially when we are young. No matter what age you are, having a basic estate plan is a responsible thing to do for you and your family.
An estate plan will ensure that your assets are divided in the way that you want them to be and that your family and loved ones are taken care of after you’re gone. It doesn’t matter if you are rich or poor. An estate plan will protect what you have worked so hard for.
Here are some questions to think about:
- What would happen to your family and loved ones if you were to die?
- If you have a spouse and children, would they be protected?
- Would they be able to survive financially?
- Who would get your money and assets if you had no plan in place?
- Who would raise your children?
Do You Need The Guidance Of An Experienced Estate Planning Attorney?
If you find yourself thinking more and more about how to preserve your assets for your family you should speak with an experienced estate planning attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Dallas office directly at 214.559.7202.