Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 214-559-7202
The Ashmore Law Firm, P.C.
Call 214-559-7202
Fax 214-520-1550

My 17-year-old child says I have no right to run her life and wants to be declared independent. Don't I have control until she is 18?

Parents are often faced with tough challenges when their children make poor decisions. Your child can go through the courts to be declared independent, but by consulting a family law attorney, other solutions may be found.