Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 214-559-7202
The Ashmore Law Firm, P.C.
Call 214-559-7202
Fax 214-520-1550

What Happens to Your Assets if You Die Without a Will?

We call not having an estate plan in place the “no plan” estate plan. 

If you die without a will, it is the state of Texas that decides who gets your assets. There are numerous factors that the state takes into consideration when distributing your assets. Speaking with a qualified estate planning attorney will help you decide the best way to protect your assets and make sure they go to who you choose.